What is resin lenses
Resin can be divided into two types: natural resin and synthetic resin, and our common resin lenses are chemically synthesized with resin as raw material and processed and polished.
1. The surface gloss and smoothness of resin lenses are no less than that of ordinary glass lenses.
2. The refractive index of resin lenses is lower than that of ordinary glass lenses, so resin lenses with the same degree are thicker.
3. The dispersion properties of resin lenses and ordinary glass lenses are very similar.
4. The surface reflection of resin lenses is lower than that of ordinary optical lenses, which is due to its higher light transmittance and lower refractive index.
5. The optical property of the resin lens is extremely stable, and it will not change no matter in high temperature or low temperature.
The refractive index of the lens is an important parameter of the lens, generally there are numbers such as 1.49, 1.56, 1.61, 1.67 and so on. These numbers represent the optical refractive index of the lens, that is, when the center thickness of the lens is the same, the lens with the same degree and the same material, the edge of the lens with a high refractive index is thinner than the edge of the lens with a low refractive index.
The higher the number, the thinner the lens, but the higher the price. People with different degrees are suitable for different lens refractive index. People whose myopia is less than 500 degrees generally choose the one with a refractive index of 1.56. This kind of lens has a complete range, many functions, and the price is moderate. If people with myopia above 500 degrees have to consider the thickness problem, it is better to choose lenses with a refractive index of 1.56 aspheric or 1.61 when purchasing lenses.
Copyright © 2022 Darry Optical Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.